Friday, October 23, 2009

GIANT KING CON

Giant Con is great! Their music is peppy, just complex enough, and best of all, unique. If I were to drive hard for a comparison I would peg their illegitimate lover parents to be Modest Mouse and the pink bubble gum popping waitress at the drive-in diner (roller skating waitress of course). I really want to say Peaches - but I haven't heard her yet!!!! Despite having been in my life for 8 years now, I have yet to hear a single track. Time to get to the CD store (so old fashioned I know).
Anyways, Giant Con screened their new music video Ciest to Lie at the Yellowknife Capitol Theatre last night. It was a Collective 9 production and a joint city of YK effort for sure. It was set in YK in the 30's and personally I would like to see an entire movie set in that era....hmmmmm idea. But maybe with a different story line (sans black magic). The vitality of the piece is what set it apart from other films that have depicted the North in the past or Canada in general, from what I have seen anyways. I suppose what I am saying is that at the end of the day - the next Canadiana film I see (a genre which I like being descended from settlers who arrived in the late 1700s) I want it to be filmed more like a rock video and less like a school book. Capiche?

Awesome - way to go Giant Con - buy the album, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

About Me